This Masters course, in the specific field of the scientific area of Drawing, has the fundamental purpose of deepening and updating theorectical and pratical knowledge and the corresponding skills development, exercised, particularly, in activities of research or works that project innovative applications of knowledge. Hence, it should also result in gains of autonomy that expand prospects in the labor market, contributing also to professional performances guided by high quality standards and demands.
The cultural and technological changes over the past two decades, have been changing the ways of representation and graphic production and gave rise to new forms of teaching-learning and practical applications of drawing. The graphic expression as a specific field of artistic achievement doesn’t represents today all of the functions of drawing, taking into account the importance of the development of informatics and information, produced by computer, and transmitted in graphic form. In this context, the cognitive-communicative function of drawing as an instrument of research and scientific information is relevant and lacks adequate systematic framework. The purpose of this Master course is to create a response accordant to the needs of consolidation and deepening of theoretical and practical knowledge and the corresponding skills development in the field of Drawing. To the interest in developing work in this area, every year expressed by people with artistic training, joins the others with training in the areas of Design, Architecture and Art Education.
Check here the course coordinator.
Consult here the study plan (pdf)
This new study plan will be introduced in the academic year 2018/2019.
The Master’s degree in Drawing is granted to those who have obtained 120 ECTS.
All classes are addressed in portuguese. Therefore, it is recommended an independent knowledge of portuguese language (at least B1 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
You can consult the course’s present schedule in the following link.
Who can apply
Are accepted as candidates for the Mestrado in Drawing:
- Holders of the licenciado degree or legal equivalent in the areas of Drawing, Sculpture, Painting, Communication Design, Equipment Design, Architecture, Teachers of the Second Cycle of Basic Education (variant of Visual and Technological Education);
- Holders of a foreign academic degree conferred following a 1st cycle of studies organized according to the principles of the Bologna Process by a State acceding to this Process, in the areas mentioned above;
- Holders of a foreign academic degree in the areas mentioned above, recognized as meeting the objectives of a Licenciado degree by the Scientific Board of the Faculdade de Belas-Artes;
- Holders of an academic, scientific or professional curriculum recognized by the Scientific Board of the Faculdade de Belas-Artes as attesting the capacity to attend the study programme.
HOW TO APPLY
The presentation of the application is carried out exclusively online, through the Fenix platform. All the information regarding the application process (dates, vacancies, necessary documents and form of submission of the application) can be consulted here.
For the presentation of the application, a non-refundable application fee is due.
See here the tuition fees currently set for the courses frequency.
The tuition fee for full-time students is set annually by the General Council of the Universidade de Lisboa, which may, under the International Student Statute, set differentiated values for international students.
Tuition fees can be paid in installments, to be defined by the Management Council of the Faculdade de Belas-Artes.
Evaluation criteria and selection
In the process of selection there’s an overall assessment of your application, subject to a numerical scale of 0 to 20 values, in which the following criteria will be considered:
- Final rank of academic degree. In the case of academic degrees obtained in foreign higher education institutions (when the foreign higher education institution adopts a different scale from the portuguese), the mark will be the result of the proportional conversion of the obtained grade to the portuguese grading system;
- Academic, scientific, technical and artistic curriculum;
- Relevant profissional experience in the course area, classified from 0 to 20.
An interview can take place if the Course Coordinator considers necessary, in which case it will be included in the evaluation criteria indicated above. Candidates who do not attend the interview will be excluded from the selection procedure.