The Faculdade de Belas-Artes provides the attendance of isolated course units of its Bachelors and Masters to all interested parties.
The study offer through free mover student regime provides development and updating knowledge, as well as multidisciplinary training.
All interested parties can apply for the attendance of isolated course units lectured at Faculdade de Belas-Artes, with or without link to higher education institutions, as long as they are over 16 years old.
When should I apply?
For the attendance of course units in the 1st semester of the academic year 2021/2022, the deadlines are:
Application > from august 23 to september 10, 2021
For the attendance of course units in the 2nd semester of the academic year 2021/2022, the deadlines are:
Application > from january 24 to february 11, 2022
Applications will be evaluated exclusively in order of instruction and validation. Disclosure of the application results will be communicated within 10 days of the application being formalized.
What documents are required to apply?
The application process must include the following documents:
- Copy of passport or national identity card (for applicants who do not have portuguese nationality);
- Curriculum vitae;
- Copy of certificate of the academic degree or academic qualification.
For students enrolled in 2021/2022 at Faculdade de Belas-Artes, it is only required to fill out application online form.
IMPORTANT INFORMATON: Before you do your application, please consult if the course unit is available.
Course units that offer vacancies through the frequency of isolated course units must be consulted in the Application Call. Any applications to other units than those indicated in the list will be rejected.
how may i present my application?
Applications for free mover student regime are made exclusively through the online application system of Faculdade de Belas-Artes.
Before you initiate your on-line application to the course please read carefully the instructions below. For questions regarding the submission of your application do not hesitate to contact the Faculty’s Academic Services
- To make your online application, you must access the Fenix system and authenticate with the data of your Campus@ULisboa account. If you have lost access to your Campus@ULisboa account, you can make the recovery here
- If you haven’t attended any course at Faculdade de Belas-Artes and have no Campus@ULisboa account, you must necessarily carry out a pre-registration in Fenix application here
- Important Information: There have been some troubles in receiving register messages to @netcabo.pt; @hotmail.com; @vodafone.pt users. As the reason for the failure of delivery is unrelated to the university, if you are using these email accounts, we can not garantee you will receive the automatic information the online system sends.
- After accessing the application, you must select the Applications tab. Next, you must create your application by choosing the regime and the course. After these steps, you must fill the requested data in the electronic form.
- All the documents required for the application process must be attached in digital format.
- The online application will become valid only after payment of the application fee. For that purpose, an ATM payment reference is made available (only usable under the portuguese banking system). It is also possible to make the payment by credit/debit card. If the payment is not made until the indicated deadline, the application will be canceled.
- The non-submission of the required documents, or the incorrect presentation (e.g., Illegible document, not legalized foreign document, etc.) will invalidate the application. The candidate will be informed of this fact by the Fenix platform or by e-mail.
- Errors or omissions in filling out the electronic application form, or in carrying out the application process, are the sole responsibility of the candidate.
After the ranking process, applicants will be informed by email of the final result of the application. In case of acceptance, it will be dependent on the presentation at the Academic Services of the original (or a legal copy) of the degree certificate, during the indicated period.
The application involves the payment of an application fee (non-refundable) of 30 EUR.
For students enrolled in 2021/2022 at Faculdade de Belas-Artes, in a study-degree or post graduation course, who apply for the attendance of of isolated course units, application fee (non-refundable) is 15 EUR.
This fee must be paid within application.
In the application, the applicant must indicate the course units that wishes to attend, but may not exceed 30 ECTS per year. In the free mover regime, applications for dissertation / internship report / project work / thesis seminar / thesis or other isolated courses units of the same nature, shall not be accepted.
It is not allowed to indicate in the application, in each semester, more than five course units.
ADMISSION AND FREQUENCY CONDITIONS
What are the conditions for admission and enrollment?
Enrollment in isolated course units is subject to the approval of the Faculty’s President. Enrollment can be refused if: the course unit being taught lacks available resources; if the unit is not available in the semester to which the student is applying; or if the class is full.
Ranking process will be done exclusively by validation order.
What are the conditions of frequency?
Each year, students in the free mover regime cannot attend more than 30 ECTS.
When enrolling on an assessment basis, each student may not enroll in more than 60 accumulated ECTS during their academic course.
The free mover students are not eligible for mobility programs.
How is made the assessment and certification?
The enrollment in isolated course units can be performed in a system of assessment or non assessment. Free mover students enrolled in an assessment regime are subject to the same system of assessment as students enrolled in a regular basis.
Certificates regarding attendance and ECTS approval may be provided. The attendance of individual course units does not provide recognition of ownership of part or the whole of the study courses to which they belong, or confer the right to award a diploma or course degree.
ATTENDANCE FEES / ACADEMIC YEAR 2021/2022
The amounts due for the enrollment in isolated course units are displayed in the table below. The fee is per each course unit.
Course units from the Masters in Crítica Curadoria e Teorias da Arte, Desenho, Educação Artística, Design para a Sustentabilidade and Museologia e Museografia
Course units from the Masters in Arte Multimédia, Design de Comunicação, Design de Equipamento and Pintura
|External students||220 EUR||280 EUR||340 EUR|
|International students (1)||875 EUR||800 EUR||800 EUR|
|Students enrolled in 2021/2022 at Belas-Artes (in a study-degree or post-graduation course)||70 EUR||120 EUR||145 EUR|
(1) Applicants that fullfil the following conditions are considered as international students: not having Portuguese nationality; not being a national from a Member State of the European Union; not legally residing in Portugal until the 1st of January of the year in which intend to enroll in higher education for more than two years, continuously, and not being family of foreign citizens that hold a resident permit for more than two years; not being family of a Portuguese or European Union national; not having until the 1st of January of the year in which intend to enroll in higher education a status of equality of rights and duties assigned under an international treaty granted between the Portuguese State and the State of which students are nationals.
The amount due for the enrollment in isolated course units must be paid in full at registration.
In addition to the above attendance rates, a matriculation fee in the amount of 15 EUR shall be also charged (which already includes the value of the academic insurance).
Non-payment of the amounts indicated above, within 10 working days after the admission of the application, implies the expiration of the right to enrollment and attendance of the isolated course unit.
Here you will find the ULisboa’s regulation of free mover student regime.