- Product Design
- Urban and Interior Design
The study programme leading to the master’s degree in Equipment Design aims to provide training to the level of a 2nd cycle of studies regarding the skills and research methods of Design. The scientific framework at this level of training involves an extensive area of research, covering the areas of Product Design, Urban and Interior Design and Design Studies.
Area dedicated to the development of products or product systems in which the project practice is linked mainly to industrial systems. The importance that these products have in the quality of life of living systems makes this specialization area crucial in redesigning the strategic planning both of current production systems as in the use of products and transports.
Urban and Interior Design
Area centered on the analysis of the relationship between man and environment. The study and project activity are thus related with the production of physical space and artifacts that fitted, in particular the public places in the city and the interiors.
The Master in Equipment Design has established partnerships with companies / industries and cultural institutions, including the Larus – Urban Design, Vista Alegre and Silampos, in order to come close the investigation to business world.
Check here the course coordinator.
Consult here the study plan (pdf)
This new study plan will be introduced in the academic year 2018/2019.
The Master’s degree in Equipment Design is granted to those who have obtained 120 ECTS.
All classes are addressed in portuguese. Therefore, it is recommended an independent knowledge of portuguese language (at least B1 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
You can consult the course’s present schedule in the following link.
Who can apply
Are accepted as candidates for the Mestrado in Equipment Design:
- Holders of the licenciado degree or legal equivalent in Design, Engineering and Architecture as well as in identical or related areas;
- Holders of foreign academic degree conferred following a 1st cycle of studies organized according to the principles of the Bologna Process by a State acceding to this process in the areas of Design, Engineering and Architecture as well as in identical or related areas;
- Holders of a foreign academic degree in the areas of Design, Engineering and Architecture as well as in identical or related areas which is recognized as meeting the objectives of a Licenciado degree by the Scientific Board of the Faculty of Fine Arts;
- Holders of an academic, scientific or professional curriculum recognized by the Scientific Board of the Faculty of Fine Arts as attesting the capacity to attend the study programme.
HOW TO APPLY
The presentation of the application is carried out exclusively online, through the Fenix platform. All the information regarding the application process (dates, vacancies, necessary documents and form of submission of the application) can be consulted here.
For the presentation of the application, a non-refundable application fee is due.
See here the tuition fees currently set for the courses frequency.
The tuition fee for full-time students is set annually by the General Council of the Universidade de Lisboa, which may, under the International Student Statute, set differentiated values for international students.
Tuition fees can be paid in installments, to be defined by the Management Council of the Faculdade de Belas-Artes.
Evaluation criteria and selection
In the process of selection there’s an overall assessment of your application, subject to a numerical scale of 0 to 20 values, in which the following criteria will be considered:
- Final rank of academic degree. In the case of academic degrees obtained in foreign higher education institutions (when the foreign higher education institution adopts a different scale from the portuguese), the mark will be the result of the proportional conversion of the obtained grade to the portuguese grading system;
- Academic, scientific, technical and artistic curriculum;
- Relevant profissional experience in the course area, classified from 0 to 20.
An interview can take place if the Course Coordinator considers necessary, in which case it will be included in the evaluation criteria indicated above. Candidates who do not attend the interview will be excluded from the selection procedure.