The Master in Communication Design is oriented towards research and the deepening of theoretical and practical knowledge in this field. The contents covered and the works developed focus specifically on the relationship between current design practices and the field of new media, defined by the omnipresence of digital media in different contexts of communication. The essential objective is to train researchers and professionals with reflective, critical and operational capacity so that they are able to integrate interdisciplinary teams dedicated to research and/or the development of projects in this field.
Projects developed in the curricular units of Design Project and Laboratory during the 1st year of the Master’s are available at:
- 2022/23 — (Re)thinking (Re)doing (Re)acting
- 2021/22 — (inter/un/re) weaving the web
- 2020/21 — (un)doing
- 2018/19 — Post – ism
- 2017/18 — Index.everything
Check here for the course coordinator.
The study programme can be consulted here (pdf).
The Master’s degree in Communication Design is granted to those who have obtained 120 ECTS.
All classes are addressed in Portuguese. Therefore, it is recommended an independent knowledge of portuguese language (at least B1 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
You can consult the course’s present schedule in the following link.
Who can apply
Are accepted as candidates for the Mestrado (Master) in Communication Design:
- Holders of licenciado degree (bachelor) or legal equivalent in the areas of Design, Fine Arts, Architecture, Multimedia, Communication and other related areas;
- Holders of a foreign academic degree conferred following a 1st cycle of studies organized according to the principles of the Bologna Process by a State acceding to this process in the areas of Design, Fine Arts, Architecture, Multimedia, Communication and other related areas;
- Holders of a foreign academic degree in the areas of Design, Fine Arts, Architecture, Multimedia, Communication and other related areas which is recognized as meeting the objectives of a Licenciado degree (bachelor) by the Scientific Board of the Faculty of Fine Arts;
- Holders of an academic, scientific or professional curriculum recognized by the Scientific Board of the Faculty of Fine Arts as attesting the capacity to attend the study programme.
HOW TO APPLY
The presentation of the application is carried out exclusively online, through the Fenix platform. All the information regarding the application process (dates, vacancies, necessary documents and form of submission of the application) can be consulted here.
For the presentation of the application, a non-refundable application fee is due.
Evaluation criteria and selection
See here the evaluation criteria and selection for applications to this Master program.
See here the tuition fees currently set for the courses frequency.
The tuition fee for full-time students is set annually by the General Council of the Universidade de Lisboa, which may, under the International Student Statute, set differentiated values for international students.
Tuition fees can be paid in instalments, to be defined by the Management Council of the Faculdade de Belas-Artes.