To whom is designed
The Mestrado in Art Education will be of particular interest to primary and secondary education teachers already professionalized and seeking a master’s degree, as well as graduates involved in educational processes in museums, local governments and other institutions.
What is aimed
This Master aims to:
Implement a quality training in the agents that primarily act on the reference systems of culture and aesthetic and artistic education. Provide the theoretical and practical tools that enable, in an updated and global perspective, an intervention in this area of knowledge and action. Provide a comprehensive view of the role of arts in the development of personality, as in the cognitive structuring and socio-emotional processes. Develop the ability to create and implement new methods and working tools, as well as define educational strategies in the development of expression, creativity and visual thinking. Therefore, it’s intended to create professionals capable of:
- Participate in the production of cultural programs for television, cinema, radio or web.
- Organize events and cultural performances.
- Participate in activities of cultural entertainment with local authorities, museums, foundations, corporations and galleries.
- Participate in activities of inventorying and safeguarding of cultural and artistic heritage.
- Develop activities related to cultural tourism.
- Entrepreneurship in the areas of leisure and culture
Check here for the course coordinator.
Expected Teaching Staff
Anabela Mendes > Psicologia da Criatividade Artística
Anabela Mendes > Teoria e Prática da Construção Plástica
António Pedro > Didáctica do Desenho
Cristina Azevedo Tavares > Temas de Arte Contemporânea
Hugo Ferrão / Ana Sousa > Artes Plásticas e Novas Tecnologias
João Pedro Fróis > Educação Artística em Museus e Centros de Arte
João Pedro Fróis > Teorias Pedagógicas da Educação Artística
João Peneda > Perspectivas Terapêuticas das Artes Plásticas
João Peneda > Teoria das Bibliotecas e do e-learning
João Queiroz > Cultura Visual
Jorge do Ó > Modernidade Pedagógica
Margarida Calado > História do Ensino Artístico I e II
Margarida Calado > Metodologia do Trabalho Científico
The study programme can be consulted here (pdf).
The Master’s degree in Art Education is granted to those who have obtained 120 ECTS.
All classes are addressed in portuguese. Therefore, it is recommended an independent knowledge of portuguese language (at least B1 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
You can consult the course’s present schedule in the following link.
Who can apply
Are accepted as candidates for the Mestrado in Art Education:
- Holders of the licenciado degree or legal equivalent in the areas of art, sciences of art and social sciences;
- Holders of foreign academic degree conferred following a 1st cycle of studies organized according to the principles of the Bologna Process by a State acceding to this process, in the areas of art, sciences of art and social sciences;
- Holders of other degrees or legal equivalent, whose curriculum vitae demonstrates professional activity in the artistic area (training or education);
- Holders of an academic, scientific or professional curriculum recognized by the Scientific Board of the Faculty of Fine Arts as attesting the capacity to attend the study programme.
HOW TO APPLY
The presentation of the application is carried out exclusively online, through the Fenix platform. All the information regarding the application process (dates, vacancies, necessary documents and form of submission of the application) can be consulted here.
For the presentation of the application, a non-refundable application fee is due.
Evaluation criteria and selection
See here the evaluation criteria and selection for applications to this Master program.
See here the tuition fees currently set for the courses frequency.
The tuition fee for full-time students is set annually by the General Council of the Universidade de Lisboa, which may, under the International Student Statute, set differentiated values for international students.
Tuition fees can be paid in instalments, to be defined by the Management Council of the Faculdade de Belas-Artes.