Master in association with the Faculdade de Ciências, the Instituto de Ciências Sociais and the Instituto Superior de Economia e Gestão
The Master program in Design for Sustainab ility has as general objectives:
- Provide postgraduate training in design in the context of sustainable develo pment, understood in the transversality of the disciplinary framework of environmental, social and economic sciences.
- Promote reflection and debate on specific sustainability issues that allow the design, development and implementation of projects at the local, regional and global levels within the framework of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals in 2015.
- Develop Desig n Projects in real context and in collaboration with public and private entities, in the ambit of environmental, social and economic sustainability.
Check here the course coordinator.
Consult here the study plan (pdf)
The Master’s degree in Design for Sustainability is granted to those who have obtained 120 ECTS.
You can consult the course’s present schedule in the following link.
Who can apply
Are accepted as candidates for the Mestrado in Design for Sustainability:
- Holders of the licenciado degree or legal equivalent;
- Holders of a foreign academic degree conferred following a 1st cycle of studies organized according to the principles of the Bologna Process by a State acceding to this Process;
- Holders of a foreign academic degree recognized as meeting the objectives of a Licenciado degree by the Scientific Board of the Faculdade de Belas-Artes;
- Holders of an academic, scientific or professional curriculum recognized by the Scientific Board of the Faculdade de Belas-Artes as attesting the capacity to attend the study programme.
HOW TO APPLY
The presentation of the application is carried out exclusively online, through the Fenix platform. All the information regarding the application process (dates, vacancies, necessary documents and form of submission of the application) can be consulted here.
For the presentation of the application, a non-refundable application fee is due.
See here the tuition fees currently set for the courses frequency.
The tuition fee for full-time students is set annually by the General Council of the Universidade de Lisboa, which may, under the International Student Statute, set differentiated values for international students.
Tuition fees can be paid in installments, to be defined by the Management Council of the Faculdade de Belas-Artes.
Evaluation criteria and selection
In the process of selection there’s an overall assessment of your application, subject to a numerical scale of 0 to 20 values, in which the following criteria will be considered:
- Final rank of academic degree. In the case of academic degrees obtained in foreign higher education institutions (when the foreign higher education institution adopts a different scale from the portuguese), the mark will be the result of the proportional conversion of the obtained grade to the portuguese grading system;
- Academic, scientific, technical and artistic curriculum;
- Relevant profissional experience in the course area, classified from 0 to 20.
An interview can take place if the Course Coordinator considers necessary, in which case it will be included in the evaluation criteria indicated above. Candidates who do not attend the interview will be excluded from the selection procedure.