The study programme in Multimedia Arts aims to develop skills regarding an autonomous practice for creation and research in Multimedia Art, in its various specialties, through an artistic and scientific approach that incorporates the most recent studies and problematizations in this area of knowledge. With this training, the students will be able to develop autonomous careers in artistic and scientific research and to integrate work teams in multidisciplinary fields in the various specialties that this course offers.
Check here the course coordinator.
Teaching staff (2017-2018)
António de Sousa Dias
João Paulo Queiroz
José Carlos Pereira
Susana Sousa Dias
Invited artists and specialists (previous years)
Alexandra Ferreira & Bettina Wind
António de Sousa Dias
Emília Tavares (Museu do Chiado / MNAC)
Isabel Alves (Fundação Ernesto de Sousa)
José Filipe Costa
José Luís Neto
Margarida Medeiros (FCSH-UNL)
Miguel Wandshneider (Culturgest)
Philipe-Alain Michaud (Centre Pompidou)
The study programme can be consulted here (pdf)
IMPORTANT NOTE: The current study plan is being restructured.
The Master’s degree in Multimedia Art is granted to those who have obtained 120 ECTS.
All classes are addressed in portuguese. Therefore, it is recommended an independent knowledge of portuguese language (at least B1 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
You can consult the course’s present schedule in the following here.
Who can apply
Are accepted as candidates for the Mestrado in Multimedia Art:
- Holders of the licenciado degree or legal equivalent in the areas of Fine Arts, Multimedia, Animation, Audiovisuals, Photography, Performance, Installation, Communication Design, Graphic Design and other related areas, although admission through curriculum assessment made by the Master’s Scientific Board is possible;
- Holders of foreign academic degree conferred following a 1st cycle of studies organized according to the principles of the Bologna Process by a State acceding to this Process in the areas of Fine Arts, Multimedia, Animation, Audiovisuals, Photography, Performance, Installation, Communication Design, Graphic Design and other related areas, although admission through curriculum assessment made by the Master’s Scientific Board is possible;
- Holders of a foreign academic degree in the areas of Fine Arts, Multimedia, Animation, Audiovisuals, Photography, Performance, Installation, Communication Design, Graphic Design and other related areas (although being possible the admission through curriculum assessment made by the Master’s Scientific Board) and recognized as meeting the objectives of a Licenciado degree by the Scientific Board of the Faculty of Fine Arts;
- Holders of an academic, scientific or professional curriculum recognized by the Scientific Board of the Faculty of Fine Arts as attesting the capacity to attend the study programme.
HOW TO APPLY
The presentation of the application is carried out exclusively online, through the Fenix platform. All the information regarding the application process (dates, vacancies, necessary documents and form of submission of the application) can be consulted here.
For the presentation of the application, a non-refundable application fee is due.
See here the tuition fees currently set for the courses frequency.
The tuition fee for full-time students is set annually by the General Council of the Universidade de Lisboa, which may, under the International Student Statute, set differentiated values for international students.
Tuition fees can be paid in installments, to be defined by the Management Council of the Faculdade de Belas-Artes.
Evaluation criteria and selection
In the process of selection there’s an overall assessment of your application, subject to a numerical scale of 0 to 20 values, in which the following criteria will be considered:
- Final rank of academic degree. In the case of academic degrees obtained in foreign higher education institutions (when the foreign higher education institution adopts a different scale from the portuguese), the mark will be the result of the proportional conversion of the obtained grade to the portuguese grading system;
- Academic, scientific, technical and artistic curriculum;
- Relevant profissional experience in the course area, classified from 0 to 20.
An interview can take place if the Course Coordinator considers necessary, in which case it will be included in the evaluation criteria indicated above. Candidates who do not attend the interview will be excluded from the selection procedure.